Martha SparksSociety Editor
September 2, 2012
HOLDEN — A man accused of crimes allegedly happening in November 2011 has reportedly turned himself in to law officials.
A criminal complaint alleges that Jeffery Moore, 31, of Monaville, was driving a silver Chevy Cavalier in the Monaville area on November 13, 2011.
West Virginia State Troopers P.J. Dick and S/Tpr. J.D. Hensley were on road patrol when they observed the vehicle with a busted windshield.
Officers initiated their lights and siren, but the vehicle failed to pull over. The vehicle “turned across the bridge failing to signal.” Officers followed the vehicle in “speeds in excess of 80 mph.”
After turning the vehicle up a graveled road, the driver fled on foot. “The vehicle was still in drive and went through the fence of John Maynard, destroying it, and down a hill crashing into a tree” the complaint states.
Officers later identified the male driver as Moore and it was “ascertained that Moore’s license is suspended.”
Moore was arraigned and charged with fleeing in vehicle, failure to stop for emergency vehicle, speeding, reckless driving, fleeing on foot, destroying property x2 and driving suspended. His bond was set at $7,500 cash only.
In other criminal arrests:
• Clifton Robert Mullins, 33, was arrested and charged with petit larceny and obstructing an officer on August 24 by Logan County Sheriff’s Deputy N.M. Booth. He was released on a $2,500 bond.
• Chad Austin Sexton, 19, was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and obstructing an officer on August 24 by Logan County Sheriff’s Deputy N.M. Booth. He was released on a $2,500 bond.
• Ricky Dale Adkins, 27, was arrested and charged with public intoxication and obstructing an officer on August 25 by West Virginia State Trooper B.A. Lowe. He was released on a $1,500 bond.
• Danny Joe Mullins, 45, was arrested and charged with driving suspended/revoked for DUI, 2nd offense and possession of a controlled substance, less than 15 grams on August 26 by Town of Man Patrolman Juston Thomas. He was released on a $3,000 bond.
• Larry Scott Adams, 56, was arrested and charged with DUI and seat belt violation on August 26 by WVSP Tpr. J.E. Garren. He was released on a $1,000 bond.