Martha SparksSociety Editor
September 6, 2012
Three people have been arrested and charged with stealing copper on August 28.
Hatfield-McCoy Trails Ranger Lt. Noah Lombardo arrested and charged Ashley M. Blair, 28, of Earling, for Grand Larceny (copper theft) and trespassing, Justin Blair, 27, of Lyburn for Grand Larceny (copper theft), trespassing, no proof of insurance and vehicle registration violation, and Chris Plumley, 38, of Davin for Grand Larceny (copper theft) and trespassing.
According to the complaint filed by Lombardo, all three were in possession of $2,000 to $4,000 worth of mining copper and tools for cutting copper mining with. They allegedly were trespassing on Hatfield-McCoy Trails and stealing from McDonald Land Company. The vehicle driven by Justin Blair had no registration or no insurance.
The Blairs are being held in the Southwestern Regional Jail on a $10,000 bond. Mr. Plumley is currently not incarcerated in the jail.
• A fight between two sisters over a shirt and a male friend left one sister with a stab wound and the other in jail.
According to a complaint filed by Logan County Sheriff Deputies J.H Brown and N.M. Booth, they were responding to a call “involving two sisters who had been in an altercation and one stabbed the other.”
Upon officer’s arrival, the spoke with the victim, Rhonda Green, who stated that “her and her sister… got into a fight over a shirt and a male friend of both parties.” The two reportedly began fighting inside the house and made their way outside where the defendant allegedly “retrieved a knife and stabbed the victim in the left arm causing a small puncture wound.”
Amanda Danielle Dingess, 29, was arrested and charged with domestic battery and unlawful/malicious wounding. She is being held in the Southwestern Regional Jail on a $10,000 bond.
In other court news:
• Carlos Andre Rose, 48, was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and public intoxication on August 31 by City of Logan Patrolman E. Maynard.
• Clint Edward Toler, 48, of Bruno, was arrested and charged with DUI (controlled substance) and driving suspended on August 31 by Logan County Deputies J.N Sheppard and J.M. Miller. He was released on a $3,000 bail.
• Albert Wayne Bryant, 24, of Whitman, was arrested and charged with driving revoked for DUI, operating ATV on center line and no helmet on September 1 by WVSP Trooper R.E. Stowers. He was released on a $2,000 bail.
• Joseph Schumacher, 54, of Amherstdale, was arrested and charged with domestic assault and public intoxication on August 31 by Logan County Sheriff Deputy J.H. Brown III. He is being held in the Southwestern Regional Jail. Bail amount was not known at presstime .