Martha SparksSociety Editor
October 14, 2012
MT. GAY — The Logan County Sheriff Deputies responded to a call in reference to a burglary in the Mt. Gay area on October 4 which ended in the arrest of Michael R. Hughes, 29, for transferring/receiving stolen property and cultivation of marijuana.
Deputies B.D. Cobb and M.C. Sutherland spoke to the victim who reported that his house had been burglarized while he was at work and several items taken. He had located two swords that were stolen at his neighbor’s residence.
The victim stated “that he was at the defendant’s residence the previous night and had purchased the two swords from the defendant for $50.00.”
After obtaining a search warrant, officers searched Hughes property and residence where they allegedly located additional items stolen from the victim. Items recovered included an electric razor, 25 DVDs/Blu Rays and one Magnavox Blu Ray player totaling $1,055. Deputies also found two marijuana plants in separate pots in the kitchen of the accused.
Hughes was released on a $10,000 bond.
In other court news:
• Anthony Wayne Johnson, 49, was arrested and charged with domestic assault and domestic battery on September 16 by West Virginia State Police Trooper J.G. Honaker. He was released on a $5,000 bond.
• Jennifer Lea Napier, 38, was arrested and charged with petit larceny and disorderly conduct on September 19 by Chapmanville Police Department Cpl. D.J. Miller. She was released on a $1,000 bond.
• Katrina Louise May, 42, was arrested and charged with obstructing an officer and public intoxication by WVSP Tpr. T.D. Boggs on September 26. She was released on a $2,500 bond.
• James Henry Spencer, 33, was arrested and charged as a fugitive from justice on September 28 by WVSP Tpr. J.E. Garren. He is incarcerated in the Southwestern Regional Jail on a $25,000 bail.
• Terry Don Ellis, 44, was arrested and charged with DUI, driving without headlights and driving without taillights by WVSP Tpr. B.A. Lowe. He was released on a $2,000 bond.
• Joseph Austin Hurley, 27, was arrested and charged with domestic battery, destruction of property and fleeing no vehicle by Man Police Department Patrolman David Walls.
• Charles Ernest Vickers, 40, was arrested and charged with driving left of center and driving on suspended/revoked for DUI on October 6 by Logan County Sheriff Deputies J.H. Brown II and J.M. Miller. He was released on a $2,500 bond.
• Charles Lee Epling, 31, was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance less than 15 grams and no operators on October 6 by Chapmanville PD Patrolmen D.J. Miller and Cpl. N.D. Tucker. He was released on a $1,500 bond.