Martha SparksSociety Editor
November 29, 2012
A Gilbert woman has been charged with unauthorized use of an elderly woman’s debit card.
Amber Ball, 30, was charged with 20 counts of fraud with an access device by Logan County Sheriff Deputy Lt. D.E. Brown on November 20.
The criminal complaint states that the alleged offenses began on or about September 24, 2012. Brown reports that he “received a list of transactions from Chase Bank that occurred at the ATM located at the Man Branch of LB&T. He also “received a CD from LB&T that shows the defendant at the ATM on numerous occasions on the dates and times of the alleged offenses.”
Ball was arraigned before Mingo County Magistrate Pam Newsome and released on a $5,000 personal recognizant bond.
In other court news:
• Michael L. Gunnells, 42, was arrested and charged with felon in possession of a firearm, carrying a concealed/dangerous weapon, DUI, no insurance, expired registration and obstructing by West Virginia State Troopers B.K. Wellman and S.A. Belt on November 18. He was released on a $5,000 bond.
• Crystal Brown, 37, was arrested and charged with grand larceny on November 19 by WVSP Tpr. R.L. Glaspell. She was released on a $3,500 bond.
• Gary Lewis Vance, 39, was arrested and charged with breaking and entering attempts on November 19 by LCSD Carter and Robinette. He was being held in Southwestern Regional Jail on a $5,000 bail for the Logan County charges.
• Ryan Douglas Allen, 21, was arrested and charged with counterfeit substance delivery, possession of a controlled substance less than 15 grams, delinquency of a minor and obstructing an officer on November 17 by Man Police Department Patrolman J.D. Thomas. He was released on a $2,500 bond.
• Mashawna Monique Patton, 38, was arrested and charged with driving suspended/revoked for DUI, speeding and no operators on November 20 by WVSP Tpr. R.L. Glaspell. He was released on a $15,000 bond.
• Timothy Allen Farley, 43, was arrested and charged with domestic assault, domestic battery and trespassing on November 21 by WVSP Tpr. S.A. Belt. He was released on a $2,500 bond.
• Zachary Dale Vance, 23, was arrested and charged with registration violation, fraudulent motor vehicle inspection, no proof of insurance, driving suspended/revoked for non DUI, obstructing an officer, destruction of property, battery and assault by WVSP Tpr. J.G. Honaker. He is being held in the Southwestern Regional Jail on a $5,000 bail.
• Earnest Lee Plumley, 43, was arrested and charged with DUI, driving suspended/revoked for DUI, registration violation, seat belt violation, no proof of insurance and speeding on November 25 by WVSP Tprs. J.E. Garren and M.A. Broadwater. He was released on a $5,000 bond.
• Billy Ray Farley, 64, was arrested and charged with DUI, no proof of insurance, seat belt violation, defective equipment and registration violation on November 25 by WVSP Tpr. S.A. Belt.