By: Martha Sparks Society Editor
September 8, 2013
A Logan man has been charged with setting a residence on fire on High Street in Logan.
Dorsey Ray Darby, 49, of Logan, is accused of entering the basement of the building, taking a white Bic lighter and setting a cardboard box on fire which in turn set the building ablaze.
Darby was charged with first degree arson by the Logan Police Department. His bail was set at $25,000.
• Damian Dwayne Adkins, 27, was charged with possession with intent to deliver and conspiracy by the West Virginia State Police. According to the complaint, Adkins, along with an accomplice, entered the Little General Store in Omar and hid two ounces of marijuana in a trash can in the restroom. An undercover officer retrieved the marijuana and later received a confession from Adkins that the marijuana belonged to him and his accomplice. He bail was set at $3,000.
• Crystal Kay Topeka, 31, was booked on August 28 by the WVSP for prohibited drug purchase receipt and driving on revoked license. Her bail was set at $500.
• Jacinda Kaye Ward, 34, was booked on August 28 for improper/expired registration, no insurance and permitting driving on suspended/revoked license. Her bail was set at $1,500.
• Dustin Cody Botsch, 21, was booked on September 4 by the WVSP for driving while suspended/revoked for non dui, defective equipment, and possession of a controlled substance less than 15 grams. His bail was set at $2,500.
• Casey Ryan Ball, 23, was booked on September 1 by the WVSP for driving while suspended/revoked, reckless driving, improper/expired registration, no insurance and possession of a controlled substance. His bail was set at $2,500.
• Bryan Christopher Craddock, 40, was booked on September 2 by the WVSP for no insurance, improper/expired registration, no inspection, no seat belt and driver’s license revoked for DUI. His bail was set at $5,000.