loganbanner.com

Little damage done in fire at LMS

Martha Sparks msparks@civitasmedia.com

November 10, 2013

A small fire Friday morning was the cause of students being evacuated from Logan Middle School.


“I think the call came in around 9:45 a.m.,” Scott Beckett, chief of the Logan Fire Department, said. “Upon arrival, the first engine found smoke on the second floor, in the boy’s bathroom.”


Beckett said that after firefighters got inside the bathroom, they found that a hand dryer had malfunctioned and caught on fire. It wasn’t a big deal but it could have been.”


Beckett said the students were evacuated and taken to the Logan Fieldhouse.


“They were out about 45 minutes and we were able to get them back in,” Beckett said.