Martha Sparks firstname.lastname@example.org
February 19, 2014
Eric Paslay, one of country music’s hottest artists, will be headlining a full night of up-and-coming country stars Sat. Feb. 22, at the Coalfield Jamboree in downtown Logan.
Paslay is currently riding a hot streak with his hit “Friday Night” in the Country music Top 10 and No. 1 on the country radio airplay chart. The Grammy nominated singer and songwriter has also penned hits for Jake Owen, Lady Antebellum, Rascal Flatts and the Eli Young Band. He appeared last year on Amy Grant’s album How Mercy Looks from Here, sharing lead vocals with Grant and Sheryl Crow on a song he wrote called “Deep As It Is Wide.” Visit Paslay online at http://www.ericpaslay.com.
• Local country music singer Kaitlin Boytek has taken her love for traditional country music and put a fresh new sound on it. Boytek says that she wanted to bring the great country music of so many influential artists like Dolly, Haggard and Waylon into the new country music market with an updated twist. Luckily for her, it seems to be paying off. She is currently ranked the No. 1 up-and-coming country artist in the state of West Virginia by reverbnation.com. She has also been called “West Virginia’s Finest” by numerous country web blogs including The Nashville Gab, Today’s Hot Country, and The Country Buzz. Her new EP album WISHING is now available at www.itunes.com/kaitlinboytek.
• Kayla Slone says it all started at the checkout counter at the Walmart store in Logan where she would sing to her customers while working the register. One of them whipped out a smart phone and shot a video of Slone’s authentic Appalachian crooning to later post it online. That brief clip soon went viral, garnering hundreds of thousands of views worldwide. Soon, a local ABC reporter saw the video of Kayla’s heartfelt rendition of Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton and Reba McEntire classics online, found her still singing at Walmart and did a story about Kayla for the evening news. That story soon made its way to ABC World News Tonight’s Diane Sawyer, who featured Slone on her national evening newscast. Grand Ole Opry executives were watching, and soon Kayla was standing on that world-famous stage, receiving a standing ovation from the sell out Opry crowd while ABC filmed it all for yet another national news story.
Since then, Slone’s life has been a whirlwind; her first ever trip to New York City for a national TV appearance on the Anderson Cooper Show, a backstage meeting with country chart topper Dierks Bentley and a personal invitation to join him in Las Vegas for the Academy of Country Music Awards, then an invitation to perform for top Walmart corporate executives at company meetings in Bentonville, Ark., who featured Slone in a full page article in their corporate magazine. Perhaps most poignantly, the young singer received words of encouragement followed by an invitation to perform with the undisputed Queen of Country Music, Loretta Lynn. Visit her online at www.kaylasloneofficial.com.
• Also performing will be A Mile to Nowhere. A different breed of band, it offers a mix of honest country, unyielding rock and roll, and pop sensibility. The group’s first EP, “Beer Bottles and Blood Stains,” tells the story fairly well. Recorded on a shoestring budget; self engineered and produced, and mixed by Nashville’s Bill Decker (Montgomery Gentry), it’s a record full of tales of wishful escape, self-deprecating love stories, and broken hearts. Following the release of “Beer Bottles,” the band went into Blackbird Studios in Nashville to begin work on a second album. Visit the band online at http://www.facebook.com/AMileToNowhere.
• Pikeville, Kentucky’s Kaitlyn Good wowed viewers of TV’s American Idol with her beauty and vocal chops. A terrific live performer with her band Appalachian Royalty, Kaitlyn has performed at many prestigious venues including the legendary Renfro Valley and The Mountain Arts Center’s Kentucky Opry. Her debut album is named “All Things Good.” You can find out more about Kaitlyn at www.facebook.com/pages/Kaitlyn-Good-Music/330957783680809
• Chase Likens is a triple threat; a country music singer, songwriter and actor, who recently was a Top 12 Males Finalist on American Idol Season 11, winning the praise of judge Jennifer Lopez. Since Idol, Likens has wowed fans performing at fairs and festivals throughout the U.S., sharing the stage with Lady Antebellum, Hunter Hayes, Thompson Square, and America’s Got Talent winner Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. among others. His new single “No Other Girl” is available on iTunes and was serviced to Country radio stations nationally. Chase will be embarking on a 20-city radio tour starting in late spring. His debut CD will be released this summer. Visit Chase online at www.chaselikensofficial.com.
Tickets are available now online at www.brownpapertickets.com/event/537886 or by calling 304-730-0723. Tickets are also on sale at the Coalfield Jamboree, 304-752-2900, from 12-4:30 p.m. Ticket price is $20.