CHIEF LOGAN STATE PARK — The Logan County Chamber of Commerce’s 2013 Chief Logan Hunting and Fishing Expo continues today, Sun., Aug. 25, at Chief Logan Conference Center at Chief Logan State Park.
Attractions this year at the Expo include: Ron and Amy Shirley of the hit reality TV show Lizard Lick Towing and Recovery Company. Avid outdoorsmen and hunters, the couple are and members of the celebrity Bowtech team. There is no additional fee to meet the couple; Frank Addington Jr., “The Aspirin Buster.” Addington earned because during his presentations, he wows audiences by splitting an aspirin in half with an arrow; Hunting experts Kenny and Aharon Davis of Appalachian Big Game TV and Tachycardia Outdoors; Bill Carmen with the Rocky Mount Elk Foundation; DNR youth challenge; ATV safety demonstrations; an air rifle range; the Hawg Trough fishing pond; a laser shot trailer; fishing demonstrations, and much more.
The event schedule for today:
• 10:30 a.m.-3 p.m. — WV Bowhunter’s Association Archery
• 10:30-11 a.m. — Bob Fala: What Can I Do for Wildlife Conservation?
• 11-11:30 a.m. — Chris Walls on the indoor stage
• 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. — Frank Addington Jr., “The Aspirin Buster”, on the indoor stage
• 12:30-1 p.m. — Bill Carmen, Rocky Mount Elk Foundation on the indoor stage
• 1-1:30 p.m. — Kenny Davis of Tachycardia Outdoors on the indoor stage
• 1:30-2:30 p.m. — Frank Addington Jr., “The Aspirin Buster”, on the indoor stage
• 2:30-3 p.m. — Prize Drawings for Youth Challenge on the indoor stage
Outside Stage Events:
• 12:30-1 p.m. — Chris Walls: Turkey Calling
• 1-2 p.m. — Kaitlyn Boytek: “Wishing” Tour
• 2-3 p.m. — Kayla Sloan and the Easy Street Band
All day events include Wall of Shame Display, Trout Pond (Children’s Activity), Hawg Trough, Air Rifle Public Shooting with Rick McAllister, WV Bowhunter’s Association Archery, Youth Challenge, Hunting Simulator (Laser Shot Trailer) and Inflatable BB Gun.
In addition to presenters and activities, the Expo will feature many hunting and fishing vendors, food vendors, and musical entertainment. The Expo will run from 10:30 a.m.-3 p.m. today. There will be on-site parking and admission to attend is $5.