Two Chapmanville residents were recently arrested after a West Virginia State Trooper allegedly witnessed drug activity being done by them in the Auto Zone parking lot at Mt. Gay.
According to the criminal complaint, after witnessing drug activity beside at red Chevrolet S-10, officers approached Mitchell Lynn Lilly, 59, and Michael Lynn Lilly, 29, and performed a Terry Frisk.
During the Frisk, officers located on Michael Lilly eight white pills identified as a Schedule II controlled substance in a prescription bottle with no label, a plastic bag with white powder residue, a hard edge for crushing and lining the pills and a straw containing white and pink powdery residue. Michael Lilly also stated to the officers that he had driven the S-10 to Auto Zone; officers checked his driver’s license status and found it to be suspended for unpaid citations. Michael Lilly was charged with prohibited drug purchase receipt, possession of a controlled substance and driving while suspended/revoked non DUI. His bail was set at $3,000.
Allegedly found on Mitchell Lilly during the Frisk were two white pills identified as a Schedule III controlled substance and two pink pills identified as a Schedule III controlled substance in a prescription bottle with no label.
Mitchell Lilly was charged with possession of controlled substance and prohibited drug purchase receipt. His bail was set at $2,500.
A Whitman resident is facing grand larceny and 17 counts of fraudulent use of an access device. According to the complaint, Alisha Marie Burton, 28, is accused of taking the victim’s ATM card while at their residence and without their permission. The victim showed documents which recorded 17 transactions totaling $1,263.12 believed to be made by Burton. Logan County Sheriff’s Deputy F.N. Ferrell II obtained surveillance photography from Wal-Mart, which coincided with the bank documents, showing Burton making the purchases using the allegedly stolen ATM card. The complaint notes that on August 19, Burton admitted to taking the card and making the transactions with the victim’s knowledge or permission. Burton’s bail was set at $10,000.
In other court news:
• Elizabeth Sharon Collier, 22, was booked on August 25 by the WVSP with three counts of fraudulent use of ATM card/access device. Her bail was set at $3,000.
• Steven Howard Mitchem, 25, was booked on August 23 by the WVSP for possession of a controlled substance and obstructing. His bail was set at $3,500.
• Harold Raymond Hobbs, 41, was booked on August 23 by the WVSP for no insurance, registration violation and driving suspended/revoked for DUI. His bail was set at $3,500.
• Terry Clayton Martin, 53, was booked on August 25 by the WVSP for domestic battery 2nd offense and domestic assault 1st/2nd offense (by threats). His bail was set at $3,000.
• Claude Edward Baisden, 33, was booked on August 27 by the WVSP for possession of a controlled substance less than 15 grams, improper/expired registration, no insurance, drivers license revoked for DUI, registration violation and defective equipment. His bail was set at $3,000.
• Christopher Brian Justice, 36, was booked on August 27 by the Logan County Sheriff’s Department for public intoxication, fleeing on foot, two counts of obstructing and assault/battery of officer without weapon. His bail was set at $5,000.
• Scott Francis Flinn, 28, was booked on August 28 by the WVSP with two counts obstructing, destruction of property, brandishing a weapon, domestic battery, domestic assault 1st/2nd (by threats) and disorderly conduct. His bail was set at $5,000.