Last updated: November 10. 2013 7:20AM - 464 Views
Martha Sparks msparks@civitasmedia.com

Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

A small fire Friday morning was the cause of students being evacuated from Logan Middle School.

“I think the call came in around 9:45 a.m.,” Scott Beckett, chief of the Logan Fire Department, said. “Upon arrival, the first engine found smoke on the second floor, in the boy’s bathroom.”

Beckett said that after firefighters got inside the bathroom, they found that a hand dryer had malfunctioned and caught on fire. It wasn’t a big deal but it could have been.”

Beckett said the students were evacuated and taken to the Logan Fieldhouse.

“They were out about 45 minutes and we were able to get them back in,” Beckett said.

All user comments are subject to our Terms of Service. Users may flag inappropriate comments.
comments powered by Disqus

Featured Businesses


Info Minute

Gas Prices

Logan Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com