While investigating a report of a person trying to break into houses and vehicles in the community of Monaville, West Virginia State Police were told by neighbors that a person had ran down the road.
The officer located some footprints leading from the scene to a residence at 66 Rail Road Ave. The officer spoke with Matthew Dotson, who owned the residence. Dotson gave the Trooper written permission to search the residence to look for the suspect.
As the officer was searching the residence, he located three Marijuana plants growing the Dotson’s closet. The officer confiscated the plants and also found a green leafy substance believed to be Marijuana and a Suboxone strip in Dotson’s pocket.
Dotson was charged on Nov. 18 with two counts of possession of a controlled substance less than 15 grams and cultivation. His bail was set at $5,000.
In other court news:
• William Brian Bumgarner, 37, was booked on Nov. 15 by the WVSP for DUI (1st offense), driving while suspended/revoked non DUI, improper registration and no insurance. His bail was set at $5,500.
• Jeananne Gilco, 36, was booked on Nov. 15 by the WVSP for no seat belt, obstructing, possession of a controlled substance less than 15 grams, and driving while suspended/revoked non DUI. Her bail was set at $2,000.
• Diana Lynn Robertson, 63, was booked on Nov. 15 by the Man Police Department for DUI (1st offense) and refusing secondary test. Her bail was set at $1,500.
• John Samuel Browning, 35, was booked on Nov. 16 by the WVSP for failure to maintain control of vehicle and DUI causing personal injury. His bail was set at $3,000.
• Brandon James Williams, 28, was booked on Nov. 16 by the WVSP for obstructing and petit larceny. His bail was set at $5,000.
• Joanne Wellman, 48, was booked on Nov. 17 by the MPD for drivers license revoked for DUI and no insurance. Her bail was set at $3,500.
Criminal complaints are public information. Charges listed in a complaint are merely accusations; defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty.