West Virginia State Police responded to a call in reference to a suspicious person with the possibility of a gun on their person in the Whitman area on Dec. 27.
Officers located a male matching the description and identified him as Anthony Wayne Miller, 46, of Charleston.
When doing an officer safety search, officers allegedly found a knife and a pill bottle on Miller. The bottle, which did not have Miller’s name on it, reportedly contained 14 Alprazolam 0.5gm pills, which is a Schedule IV Controlled Substance, six Acetaminophen and Codeine 300mg/60mg pills, which is a Schedule III Controlled Substance, and four Focalin XR 40mg pills, a Schedule II Controlled Substance. Officers could also smell the odor of alcohol on Miller and reported that he had glassy, blood shot eyes and had a hard time keeping his balance.
After transporting Miller to the WVSP detachment and securing him in a processing room, officers observed Miller urinating on the floor in a corner of the room.
Miller was charged with possession with intent to deliver a Schedule II Controlled Substance, possession with intent to deliver a Schedule III Controlled Substance, Possession with intent to deliver a Schedule IV Controlled Substance, public intoxication and indecent exposure. His bail was set at $25,000.
In other Magistrate Court News:
• Aaron Scott Adkins, 29, was booked on Dec. 20 by the WVSP for possession of a controlled substance. His bail was set at $1,000.
• David Allen Arthur, 28, was booked on Dec. 27 by the Logan County Sheriff’s Department for public intoxication and domestic assault 1st/2nd (by threats). His bail was set at $5,000.
• David Junior Hinkle, 47, was booked by the LCSD on Dec. 27 for Public intoxication and obstructing. His bail was set at $1,000.
• Angela Dawn Adams, 41, was booked on Dec. 27 by the LCSD for domestic battery. Her bail was set at $2 500.
• Gary Belcher, 45, was booked on Dec. 11 on a warranted arrest by the US 119 Task Force with four counts of delivery of a controlled substance (Roxycodone, a Schedule II Controlled Substance). His bail was set at $10,000.