Fire ripped through the attic of the Subway restaurant run by the Patel family in Logan. Logan Fire Chief Scott Beckett said the call came in at around 8 p.m., Saturday, March 1, 2014.
Beckett said the business was still in operation as usual Saturday evening when a bystander came in to alert them the roof was on fire. Those working inside, as well as the customers inside the business, had no idea the building was on fire.
“There was a heavy fire when we arrived on the scene, but our guys did a good job of stopping it. The fire was contained in the attic. There was water damage in the business, but we are hoping they will be able to get it cleaned up and re-open soon. We are still waiting on the fire marshal. We have no determination as to the cause and origin of the fire.”
Beckett said that other than minor cuts, scrapes and bruises suffered by the firefighters, there were no injuries.