A Cumberland man has been arrested for his alleged connection to the 2011 death of James Feltner.
Stephen Cody Simpson, 27, of Cumberland, was arrested by Kentucky State Police Trooper Jimmy Halcomb after an indictment was returned Monday.
According to the indictment, Simpson solicited, commanded or engaged in a conspiracy resulting in the murder of Feltner on July 15, 2011.
This is not the first arrest in this case.
According to a previous report, Thomas Polson, 37, and Carl Justin Simpson, 23, both of Cumberland, were charged with murder on July 30. Polson was previously arrested in the case in 2011 on the charges of murder, first-degree robbery and tampering with physical evidence, but was released from jail on a 60-day writ.
Monday’s indictment charges Stephen Simpson with complicity to murder and tampering with physical evidence.
Stephen Simpson was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on a $50,000 full cash bond. He has since been released.
In other police news:
* Terri Holley, 50, was arrested Saturday by Cumberland Police Officer Cody Williamson on a theft charge.
According to the citation, Holley was at a laundromat on Kingdom Come Drive in Cumberland when she took a bag that another customer had left on a bench. The bag contained an iPod and a Nintendo DS gaming system.
Holley was charged with theft by deception of $500 or more but under $10,000.
Holley was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on a $3,000 bond secured by 10 percent;
* Joshua Shanks, 33, of Kenvir, was arrested by Harlan City Police Officer Derrick Noe Tuesday on charges of fraudulent use of a credit card, theft by deception under $10,000, theft by deception including cold checks under $500, theft by unlawful taking $500 or more but under $10,000. Shanks was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on full cash bonds totalling $15,000;
* Amanda Ray, 23, of Evarts, was arrested by Evarts Police Office William Clogston on Sunday on an indictment warrant charging her with second-degree trafficking a controlled substance. Ray was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on a $1,000 full cash;
* Adam Bryant, 33, of Loyall, was arrested by Loyall City Police Chief Mike Lunsford on a charge of trafficking a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of a school. Bryant was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on a $1,000 bond secured by 10 percent;
* Kimberly Owens, 48, of Lexington, was arrested by Lunsford on Tuesday and charged with second-degree trafficking a controlled substance. Owens was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on a $5,000 full cash bond;
* Daniel Myers, 30, of Cranks, was arrested by Kentucky State Police Trooper Frank Russell on Sunday for being a fugitive from another state. Myers was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on a $1,000 full cash bond.
Reach Joe P. Asher at 606-573-4510. ext. 113, email@example.com