It was no April Fool’s Day joke when officers arrived at the scene of a stabbing on North Fork of Big Creek on April 1.
According to criminal complaints filed in Magistrate’s Court, West Virginia State Police Senior Trooper T.D. Boggs and Trooper S.A. Belt arrested Troy David Jarrell, 36, for stabbing his brother, Billy Joe Jarrell, 44, multiple times.
Officers were advised by their mother that the two had gotten into a physical argument which led to the stabbing. It was observed that Billy Jarrell had deep cut marks on both arms, face, head and stomach.
According to the complaint, Troy Jarrell had fled the scene, but was later apprehended. After the arrest, it was observed that he a cut across his throat from the altercation.
Both were charged with malicious wounding. Their bails were set at $30,000 each.
A Holden man was booked on April 1 for embezzlement. According to the complaint, a warrant had been issued in August 2013 for Toney Norman Jr., 27.
Norman had been accused by the manager of the Little General Store No. 4070 at Fountain Place Mall of stealing money from the business. The manager alleged that Norman would sell merchandise at the store to customers and upon the customer exiting, he would then remove the money from the cash drawer by error correcting the transaction.
Officers observed numerous receipts of Norman’s daily print out and noted that he made numerous error corrects. When interviewed, Norman allegedly admitted to making the transactions and removing the cash.
Norman’s bail was set at $4,000.
In other court news:
• Justin Nathaniel Johnson, 23, was booked on March 30 by the WVSP for defective equipment and driving while suspended/revoked. His bail was set at $2,500.
• David Keith Bryant, 20, was booked on March 30 by the WVSP for inspection violation, registration violation, no insurance and possession of a controlled substance. His bail was set at $2,500.
• Peyton Taylor Porter, 19, was booked on March 30 by the WVSP for possession of a controlled substance. His bail was set at $2,500.
• John Steven Toler, 20, was booked on March 31 by the Logan Police Department for underage consumption. His bail was set at $500.
• Michelle Renee Ruggles, 44, was booked on March 31 by the WVSP for no insurance, obstructing, registration violation, and inspection violation. Her bail was set at $2,500.
• Andrew Jackson Ruggles, 49, was booked on March 31 by the WVSP for no seat belt and obstructing. His bail was set at $3,500.
• Michael Kent Justice, 33, was booked on March 31 by the WVSP for no insurance inspection violation, possession of a controlled substance, obtaining by other than physician, no motorcycle license and registration violation. His bail was set at $3,500.
• Patrick Sean Ballard II, 21, was booked on March 31 by the WVSP for grand larceny and burglary. His bail was set at $50,000.
• Mathew Junior Bryant, 36, was booked on April 1 by the Logan County Sheriff’s Deputies for obstructing. His bail was set at $500.
• Vickie Sue Dalton, 47, was booked on April 1 by the LSCD for domestic assault, trespassing and obstructing. Her bail was set at $3,500.
Criminal complaints are public information. Charges listed in a complaint are merely accusations; defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty.