Crystal Dawn Runyon, 36 of Logan, was arrested by the City of Logan Police Department on May 22 for obstruction, public intoxication and child neglect with risk of serious injury.
On Thurs., May 22, at approximately 7:35 p.m., Officer David A. White responded to a Logan Co. 911 call on Nighbert Avenue in regards to an intoxicated female causing a disturbance. He was assisted by Deputies Brumfield and Mathis.
Upon their arrival, the officers allegedly saw Runyon sitting on the front porch steps of the residence, smoking a cigarette and drinking a bottle of Bud Light. The officers reported that they witnessed nine empty bottles of Bud Light sitting by Runyon, although she claimed she had only drank four bottles.
Runyon then told police that she had a 4-year-old son inside of the residence. When the officers entered the front door to check on the child’s well-being, Runyon allegedly became belligerent and told them to leave. As she continued to yell at the officers to leave, she also stated that she was being stalked and that there were cameras all over the residence and neighboring houses.
When the officers attempted to make contact with the child, Runyon reportedly became verbally aggressive and was placed under arrest. As the officers spoke with the child, they observed the condition of the residence and reported it to be in complete disarray and very unsanitary. Sgt. White took photographs of the living condition inside the residence, and Child Protective Services was notified.
CPS took the child and released him into his father’s custody.
Runyon is currently being held at Southwestern Regional Jail, and her bail is set for $15,000.
In other court news:
• James W. Griffin, 40, was booked on May 16 by the Logan County Sheriff’s Deputies for domestic assault 1st/2nd without display of weapon. His bail was set at $1,000.
• Charles Michael Fleming, 60, was booked on May 16 by the West Virginia State Police for DUI first offense. His bail was set at $1,000.
• Warren Edward Gullett, 32, was booked on May 17 by the LCSD for DUI first offense and defective equipment. His bail was set at $1,500.
• Tammy Lynn Nagy, 51, was booked on May 17 by the WVSP for obstructing an officer, disorderly conduct and public intoxication. Her bail was set at $2,500.
• Raymond Harrison Gardner, 32, was booked on May 18 by the WVSP for DUI first offense, left of center, reckless driving and defective equipment. His bail was set at $2,500.
• Bamma Renee Marsingill, 38, was booked on May 18 by the WVSP for four counts possession of a controlled substance. Her bail was set at $2,500.
• Tracy Danielle Long, 24, was booked on May 20 by the WVSP for two counts possession of a controlled substance less than 15 grams, defective equipment and improper turning. Her bail was set at $2,500.
• Joshua May, 20, was booked on May 20 by the WVSP for possession of a controlled substance less than 15 grams. His bail was set at $1,000.
• Michael Shane Lester, 37, was booked on May 20 by the WVSP for domestic assault 1st/2nd with display of weapon, domestic battery, public intoxication, disorderly conduct and obstructing. His bail was set at $5,000.
Criminal complaints are public information. Charges listed in a complaint are merely accusations; defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty.