William Daniel Cox, 32, of Dayhoit, Ky., was arrested by Logan County Sheriff’s Department (LCSD) on August 4 for driving on suspended licence non-DUI 10th offense, reckless driving, speeding at 105 mph in a 65 mph speed zone, no insurance and no proof of registration.
Sr. Trooper B.A. Lowe was conducting road patrol when he observed a gray Ford Fusion traveling over 100 mph in a 65 mph speed zone on US 119 near Logan. Trooper Lowe used front direction moving radar to confirm the vehicle’s speed at 105 mph, then turned to initiate a stop. Upon approaching the vehicle, he noticed Kentucky temporary registration was posted in the rear window. Cox was unable to provide proof of insurance for the vehicle or any proof of registration or ownership, other than a receipt from the car lot where the vehicle had been purchased.
Trooper Lowe then ran a driver’s query on Cox’s operators and was advised by West Virginia State Police that the driver’s licence was suspended. Further investigation revealed that Cox’s operators licence was suspended in Kentucky, Virginia and Tennessee for at least nine other charges of driving while suspended, including two from Tennessee on Aug. 3, 2002 and Dec. 28, 2003 and seven from Kentucky dating back to July 19, 2012. Trooper Lowe also found two previous insurance violations, one for no insurance in Harlan, Ky., on Feb. 3, 2014 and another for failing to provide proof of insurance in Clinton, Tenn., on Dec. 28, 2003.
His bail was set at $7,500.
In other Magistrate Court news:
- Travis Ray Hall, 18, was booked on July 30 by Logan County Sheriff’s Department for obstruction and public intoxication. His bail was set at $300.
- Danielle Marlene Privett, 19, was booked on July 31 by Chapmanville Police Department for obstructing and disorderly conduct. Her bail was set at $1,000.
- Austin David Thompson, 20, was booked on August 2 by West Virginia State Police for DUI 1st offense, reckless driving, obstructing, failure to maintain control of vehicle and destruction of property. His bail was set at $3,500.
- Travis Wesley Fortune, 21, was booked on August 2 by West Virginia State Police for defective equipment, no motor vehicle inspection sticker, speeding, DUI 1st offense and reckless driving. His bail was set at $3,500.
- Caleb Ryan Donahue, 21, was booked on August 2 by Logan County Sheriff’s Department for domestic battery. His bail was set at $5,000.
- Jennifer Denise Eskins, 38, was booked on August 2 by Chapmanville Police Department for reckless driving with bodily injury, no insurance and revoked driver’s license for DUI. Her bail was set at $5,000.
- Danny Lee Walls, 48, was booked on August 2 by West Virginia State Police for DUI, pretrial misdemeanor, no seat belt and driving without a license. His bail was set at $3,500.
- Elvis Ray Eplin, 35, was booked on August 3 for a fraudulent motor vehicle inspection sticker and DUI 1st offense. His bail was set at $3,500.
— — —
Criminal complaints are public information. Charges listed in a complaint are merely accusations; defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty.