Tips for successful school years
These simple tips for success in school, at any grade or age level, could possibly be the counsel and inspiration to make it all happen. I recognize that most students are not avid newspaper readers. That is their loss.
It becomes the responsibility of parents, siblings, friends and teachers to pass these words, with their added influence on to those children, youth and young adults whom they know. Here are the tips.
1. READ books of biography, history, science, economics, geography and other areas of study. I know a beautiful and very talented young lady who read every night for an hour before going to sleep. Scholarships and academic honors were her rewards.
2. SPEAK so you may be understood. Put your mind in gear before your mouth goes into motion. Do not be a babbler. Learn to speak clearly and distinctly. Think about what you are going to say before saying it.
3. MORAL standards are necessary for success. Employers are not looking to hire people with low and faulty morals.
4. KEEP everything in its place, organized and filed accurately. Get in the habit early in life to put it back if you get it out. Know where things belong and keep them in that secure place.
5. SLEEP well each night. Get at least eight hours of sleep. Be at your best every hour of each day. You must be alert and well rested to avoid costly mistakes.
6. DRINK the proper amount of water and nourishing drinks. Do not overload on carbonated beverages. A friend of mine who understood a great deal about health was always saying, “Water and more water is good for the body.” Avoid alcoholic beverages of any kind. They are an inexpensive poison guaranteed to maim, kill and destroy.
7. EXERCISE adequately. Did I hear a commercial insisting that “a body in motion will stay in motion?” Keep a good muscle tone. Take care of your muscles and skin. Build up your strength and endurance.
8. WEIGHT CONTROL is very important. Do not become overweight to a point of danger and loss of grace, strength and beauty. Leave the table wanting more to eat. Thirty minutes later, you will be satisfied and comfortable.
9. BUDGETS to live within can be a blessing. Stay out of debt. Buy only the things you can pay for. Do not put more on a credit card than you can pay off at the end-of-the month. If you cannot pay for it, you do not need it.
10. SPIRITUAL STRENGTH is necessary for success and enjoyment in life. That is best developed by being in a Bible believing and Bible preaching church each week. Make sure your life is totally committed to the will of God. Live according to His Word, the Holy Bible. Associate with people who will build you up spiritually. The only way I ever heard of that leads to God is through Jesus Christ.
Learn from the mistakes of others. You are not an exception to the rules of life. If you think you are, you may mark this down, “You are headed for disappointment, failure, heartache and destruction.” Remember these wise words recorded in the greatest book ever written. “Be not deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man (or child, woman or youth) sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life” (Galatians 6:7-8, NKJ).
Plan your life for the best that is possible and then work intelligently to carry out your plan. If you do not fail God, He will never fail you.
© 2013 Wm. C. Ellis
All Rights Reserved
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices