On Saturday morning, local bakers submitted their finest recipes for the Annual Sweet Confections Baker’s Contest. Entries were accepted for pies, cakes, and candy categories. First place winners were awarded $50 and second place winners were awarded $25. The winner’s were the following:
• 1st Place Cake: Angel Ray (Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Icing)
• 2nd Place Cake: Terry Turner (Banana Black Walnut Cake)
• 1st Place Pie: Candy Patterson Brewer (Butterfinger Candy Bar Pie)
• 2nd Place Pie: JoAnn McDonald (Rich Vanilla Cream Pie)
• 1st Place Candy: Carol Thompson (Oatmeal Raisin Cookies)
• 2nd Place Candy: Ann Starr (No Bake Cookies)
The Logan County Fair is presented each year by the Logan County Chamber of Commerce. For more information on the Chamber you can visit the office at 214 Stratton Street in Logan or call 304-752-1324.