* LOGAN CO. - The three county public libraries have united in a joint effort to solicit donations of new toys for PRIDE in Logan County Headstart Program. The Logan Area Public Library, the Chapmanville Public Library and the Buffalo Creek Memorial Library will forgive fines on overdue items for the donation of a new unwrapped toy. Toys will be distributed to the children at their Christmas party. All donations will be greatly appreciated.
* LOGAN - The Logan High School Prayer Club is sponsoring a Christmas Canned Food Drive to assist the less fortunate student families of the school. If you, your church or business would like to donate canned food to this worthy cause, you may bring contributions to LHS on any regular day of school from 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Monetary donations are also used to buy hams for the food baskets. The school address is Logan High Prayer Club, One Wildcat Way, Logan, WV 25601. If you would like to have donation picked up from your home, a member of the Prayer Club will be glad to retrieve it; please leave directions to your home with the school secretary. Thank you for assisting with this good will project.
* CHAPMANVILLE - Chapmanville Troop 28 will hold a "Boy Talk" for Boy Scout recruitment at Chapmanville Middle School for any boys ages 11-18.
* CHAPMANVILLE - The Chapmanville Middle School will have a PTO meeting at 4 p.m.
* OMAR - The Omar Community Little League will meet at 6 p.m. at the Omar Grade School. Election of officers for the 2009 season will be held.
* GARRETT FORK - The Garrett Fork Neighborhood Crime Watch will hold their monthly meeting at 7 p.m. at the Garrett Chapel Community Church. All block captains, patrol personnel and citizens of Garrett Fork are encouraged to attend this meeting. The Garrett Fork NCW needs volunteers for patrol duties.
* CHAPMANVILLE - Chapmanville Troop 28 will hold a special Boy Scout meeting for those interested in joining, along with their parents, at 6:30 p.m. at Camp Chief Logan dining hall at Garretts Fork. For more info, contact Mike Bledsoe or his wife, Sabrina, at 855-6922.
* LOGAN - The Hatfield McCoy Convention & Visitors Bureau will host an open house from noon