HOLDEN — The Holden 2 Pre K class of Ms. Leigh Fry and Mrs. Marlena Collins and the Holden Pre-K classes of Ms. Eugenia Adams and Mrs. Cora Perry learned about Thanksgiving last week. The children also shared their Turkey recipes with The Logan Banner.
Holden 2 Pre K
Ms. Leigh Fry and
Mrs. Marlena Collins
• Preston Justice — My mom cooks the turkey that is in my jar in the kitchen. I help her. I put syrup and bones on the turkey. Mom cooks it for zero minutes. I eat Thanksgiving dinner with my brother and everybody at my house. I am thankful for turkey.
• Emily Basadre — My daddy cooks our turkey. We get it from a store. I don’t know what store. We put popcorn on the turkey. Daddy cooks it for two minutes. Then I eat my Thanksgiving dinner with mamaw, papaw, mommy, daddy, and bubba. I am thankful for Church.
• Parker Justice — My mommy cooks our turkey. We get it from Walmart. She puts cookies on my turkey. Then she cooks it 100 times. I eat Thanksgiving dinner with Preston, Hannah, mommy and daddy. I am thankful for watching tv.
• Brayden McCoy — Everybody cooks turkey at my house. We get the turkey from the hills. Everybody puts rice on the turkey then we cook it for five minutes. I have Thanksgiving dinner with everybody. I am thankful for food.
• Kelsey Canterbury — My mommy cooks our turkey. She gets it at the store. She puts hamburgers on it then she cooks it a long time. I have Thanksgiving dinner with Thomas, mommy and daddy. I am thankful for bananas and chips.
• Angelina Butler — Papaw gets our turkey at Valley Market. Mamaw puts butter and salad on it and puts it in the pan. She cooks it for five minutes. I eat Thanksgiving dinner with Papaw and Mamaw. I am thankful for Jesus and my family.
• Za’Vion Little — My mom and grandma get my turkey at Walmart. My grandma cooks it. She puts butter sticks and sugar on it. She cooks it for 20 minutes. I eat Thanksgiving dinner with my family. I am thankful for my friends and family.
• Hayden Wiley — My dad gets our turkey and mommy cooks it. We put stickers and a candy bar on it. We cook it in the oven for 10 minutes. I eat Thanksgiving dinner with my mommy, daddy, and little brother. I am thankful for my brother, mommy, daddy, and toys.
• Zack Crum — My mommy gets our turkey at Walmart. She puts ice and foil on it and cooks it on the grill for 23 hours. I eat Thanksgiving dinner with my mommy, daddy, and brother. I am thankful for them because I love them.
• Aiden Workman — My mom and daddy get our turkey at a store at Holden. My mommy puts sprinkles and gravy on it. She cooks it for about three minutes. I eat Thanksgiving dinner with my mommy, daddy, and sisters. I am thankful for my puppy Max.
• Madison Woody — William gets our turkey at Walmart. Mommy puts salt and pepper on it. She cooks it in the kitchen for 10 minutes. I eat Thanksgiving dinner with mommy, William and my brother. I am thankful for them and good food.
• Nevaeh Barker — Granny gets our turkey at Walmart. She rubs stuff on it that makes it taste good. She cooks it for five minutes. Everybody comes to eat Thanksgiving dinner. I am thankful for everybody, my dogs, and my toys.
Holden Pre-K Class
Ms. Eugenia Adams
and Mrs. Cora Perry
• Heidi Barnette — You have to kill it first. Daddy kills us a turkey in the hills. He puts pepper and water on it. He cooks it on the stove in a skillet for 10 minutes. We eat it with corn, biscuits and ice cream cake.
• Chloe Blackburn — Mommy buys the turkey at the supermarket, at Walmart. My Mommy and Daddy fix the turkey. They put cinnamon sauce on it. Then, they put it in the stove at 100 degrees for four hours. Then, they take it out, cut it and we eat it.
• Maggie Brewster — Mommy buys the turkey at Walmart. She puts it in the refrigerator. Then, she takes it out and cooks it on the stove in a pan with a lid on it. She cooks it for five minutes. She fixes corn, mashed potatoes and peas to eat with the turkey. We all sit down at the table and eat dinner.
• Calli Browning — We go to Mammy’s. Me, my Bubby, my Mommy, Bri, Talen, Devon, Hailey and Summer. Mammy fixes a turkey. She leaves the nose and the feet on it. After she cooks it, she puts its beak back on. I hope she fixes peanut butter sandwiches and white cake too. We play toys while she bakes it for twenty nine minutes in a pot on the stove.
• Jace Bryant — Daddy buys the turkey at Walmart. Mommy roasts the turkey in a pan in the oven for seventy six minutes. Everybody, Mommy, Daddy, Stacey, Tyler and me eats it.
• Robert Bryant — Papaw and Daddy hunts the turkey with a crossbow in the woods. They have to aim and pull the trigger and shoot the arrow so it kills the turkey. Mamaw cleans and skins the turkey. She puts it in a pan and fries it for fifty minutes. We eat it on sandwiches.
• Brooklyn Ellis — Mamaw buys the turkey at Walmart. She puts jelly beans and gummi bears on it and cooks it in the frying pan from 12:30 p.m. til 12 minutes or 13 minutes after 4 p.m. She fixes salad so she can put it on the top. We put grapes on one side and chicken on the other side. We put a little bit of bread on the top. Mamaw also fixes green beans, mashed potatoes, a little bit of cheetos and baked bread. We sit up decorations for Thanksgiving in the pool table room. Everybody that comes to our house can eat dinner with us. We say grace. Then we eat!
• Alyssa Hunter — Mommy bought a turkey in Charleston at Walmart. She has to get all the stuff out, eyeballs, brains, hands and chicken legs. She pulls it out and puts it in a bowl. She puts the turkey in a pan and puts red sauce on it. Then, she cooks it in the oven for three hours. The last two minutes, she checks it when my Daddy gets home and takes it out. She gets it on the table with napkins and forks. We eat it with beans, corn and bread.
• Olivia Jackson — Mommy buys the turkey to cook at Walmart. Daddy puts the turkey in a pan and puts ketchup, butter and steak sauce on the turkey. He cooks it on the stove for five minutes. We also will eat mashed potatoes and Sponge-Bob cake. We sit at the table for dinner and eat with all my family and friends. My Daddy does the dishes, not me. I help clean the table.
• Natalie Lucas — Mommy buys the turkey at Walmart. She peels it and cooks it on the stove in a pot in boiling water for one minute. She also fixes spaghetti, ramen noodles and sets it all on the table and then we all eat dinner.
• Lindsay Mahone — Daddy said he would go get the turkey and he would chop the turkey’s head off this year for Thanksgiving. He said he was going to put salt and pepper on it and then he will cook it for twenty minutes. I told him I won’t eat it with pepper on it. I don’t like turkey. I like ham, mashed potatoes, corn and rolls. We will have Mickey Mouse and Princess cookies for dessert.
• Emily Porter — Daddy will buy the turkey at Walmart. Daddy crunches it a little bit with his hands. He puts salt on it and cooks it in a pan in the oven for 100 minutes. He sets the timer and then waits for it to go off. He puts it on a plate with corn, chicken and dumplings. Mommy, Daddy, Evan and Me sit at the table and eat the dinner. We will have apples for dessert.
• Kiarra White — My Bubby and Megan goes shopping for the turkey at Walmart. My Mommy puts it in a pot.