LOGAN – A Lyburn man has been arraigned on charges of grand larceny at a construction site.
Jeffrey D. Walls, 41, of Lyburn, was arraigned on December 5 for grand larceny and tampering with a vehicle.
Walls is accused of entering a construction site on August 19, 2011, and stealing two 4-inch Honda Trash Pumps worth approximately $48,000 and two fire extinguishers worth approximately $75 in value. The accused also forced entry into a Caterpillar 320 excavator, broke the ignition and caused approximately $1,000 in damage to the door. Then Walls allegedly transported the stolen pumps to Buffalo Creek and sold them.
West Virginia State Trooper C.D. Kuhn located the pumps and obtained a statement from the individual the pumps were sold to. The pumps were further returned to the owner. Walls was released on a $5,000 bond.
In other court news:
• William J. Sumpter, 40, was arrested on Dec. 2, by Trooper R. E. Stowers and charged with driving with revoked for DUI 3rd offense, operating an all terrain vehicle on centerline roadway and simple possession of marijuana. Sumpter released on a $3,000 bond.
• Terry Lee Queen, 59, was arrested by Deputy T.R. Brumfield and J.N. Sheppard and charged as a convicted felon in possession of a firearm. Queen was released under $2,500 bond.
• Trista Danielle Lanquist, 23, was charged with permitting unlicensed driver and permitting DUI on Dec. 3 by WVSP Tpr. B.A. Lowe. She was released on a $1,500 bond.
• Johnathan Emanuel Lanquist, 25 was charged with DUI, driving suspended/revoked for non DUI, no proof of insurance, speeding and destruction of property by WVSP Tpr. B.A. Lowe on Dec. 3. He was released on a $2,500 bond.
• Kelly Nicole Williamson, 34, was arrested and charged for assault, battery and trespassing on Dec. 3 by WVSP Tpr. S.A. Belt. She was released on a $2,500 bond.