Man charged with negligent homicide
by Martha Sparks
Almost a year after the death of Corey “Bird” Price, Logan County Sheriff Deputy B.D. Cobb arrested Thomas Dillion, 33, of Chapmanville Thursday with negligent homicide. Price died August 8, 2011, from injuries sustained when the vehicle Dillion was driving collided with the motorcycle Price was operating.
According to the criminal complaint, Dillion crossed the centerline into the path of the motorcycle. An independent witness claimed the defendant was driving erratically. The unnamed witness also stated that it appeared that Dillion ran off the road, lost control, slid sideways and crossed in the path of the motorcycle.
Along with Negligent Homicide, Dillion was also charged with no insurance, driving left of center and failure to maintain control.
Dillion was arraigned before Magistrate Danath Miller in Logan County Magistrate Court on Thursday. He was released on a $5,000 PR bond.
In other courthouse news:
• Morgan Danielle Horton, 18, was arrested and charged with Domestic Assault and Domestic Battery by West Virginia State Trooper R.L. Glaspell on July 21. She was released on a $500 bond.
• Lonnie Gene Damron, 48, was arrested and charged with Brandishing a deadly weapon and assault on July 22 by City of Logan Policemen J.L. Shepherd and Kevin Conley. He was released on a $1,000 bond.
• Paul David Gray, 45, was arrested and charged with driving under the influence on July 22 by City of Logan Policeman Kevin Conley. He was released on a $1,000 bond.
• Austin Lee Moore, 18, was arrested and charged with domestic assault and destruction of property by Logan County Sheriff’s Deputy M.B. Carter. He was released on a $2,500 bond.
• Grover Scott Adams, 40, was arrested and charged with destruction of property, petit larceny, pubic intoxication and breaking and entering on July 23 by WVSP Tpr. P.A. Jones. He is being held in the Southwestern Regional Jail on a $5,000 bond.
• Emory Lee Marcum II, 27, was arrested and charged with domestic assault and destruction of property on July 24 by City of Logan Policeman Sgt. D.A. White. He was released on a $2,500 bond.
• Kenneth Patrick Hensley, 27, was arrested and charged with driving on suspended/revoked for DUI 2nd offense, fleeing in vehicle, fleeing on foot and obstructing an officer on July 24 by WVSP Tpr. M.A. Broadwater. He was released on a $3,000 bond.
• Tony GeorgeLee Ellis, 33, was arrested and charged with obstruction of an officer, fleeing on foot and possession of a controlled substance, less than 15 grams on July 25 by WVSP Tprs. B.A. Lowe and J.E. Garren. He is being held in the Southwestern Regional Jail on a $2,500 bond.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices