A Chapmanville man was arrested on Nov. 9 for alleged crimes occurring on Sept. 27.
Chapmanville Police Department patrolmen N.D. Tucker and B.D. Cobb obtained a warrant for the arrest Jason Michael Smith, 32, of Chapmanville for nighttime burglary and petit larceny.
According to the criminal complaint, Smith entered a residence around 8:45 p.m. and “appeared to be removing items.” Witnesses reported that Smith had stopped to talk and that he stated that he had lost his job and was looking for employment. The witness observed Smith back up to the residence without lights and later saw Smith “putting items in the back of his vehicle.” Smith then spoke to another witness who observed “a blanket in the back of the pickup covering items.”
After Smith left, the two witnesses walked to the victim’s residence and observed that the door was open. One of the stolen items noted on the complaint was a company owned Acer laptop valued at $800.
Smith has been released on a $7,500 bond.
In other court news:
• Brittany Crum, 24, was arrested and charged with accessory before/after the fact on Nov. 12 by West Virginia State Trooper M.A. Broadwater. She has been released on a $5,000 bond.
• Nikki Lynn Nelson, 31, was arrested and charged on Nov. 6 by Logan Police Department Patrolmen J.D. Adkins and R. Adkins for DUI. She was released on a $1,000 bond.
• Brandi Dawn Gunnells, 31, was arrested and charged with domestic assault and obstructing an officer on Nov. 6 by Logan County Sheriff Deputies J.H. Brown III and N.M. Booth. She has been released on a $1,500 bond.
• Jeffrey Dwayne Gunnells, 37, was arrested charged with domestic assault on Nov. 6 by Logan County Sheriff Deputies J.H. Brown III and N.M. Booth. He was released on a $1,500 bond.
• Christopher Shannon Wells, 39, was arrested on Nov. 7 by WVSP Tprs. M.A. Broadwater and J.E. Garren for DUI 2nd offense and no proof of insurance. He was released on a $5,000 bond.
• Holly Elizabeth Green, 23, was arrested on Nov. 7 for public intoxication and disorderly conduct by LPD Sgt. David White. She was released on a $500 bond.
• Sherman Lee Farmer, 19, was arrested on Nov. 8 for domestic battery and domestic assault by WVSP Tpr. J.K. Harris. He was released on a $3,000 bond.
• Travis Wendell Bannister, 30, was arrested on Nov. 9, for DUI, possession of a controlled substance less than 15 grams, no proof of insurance, seat belt violation and no operators by WVSP Tpr. J.G. Honaker. He was released on a $2,500 bond.
• Christopher Lynn Spears, 55, was arrested on Nov. 9 by WVSP Tpr. M.A. Broadwater for no proof of insurance, speeding and driving suspended/revoked for DUI. He was released on a $2,000 bond.