Mary McDonald and her son, former Man High School standout athlete Andrew McDonald, were left homeless after a blaze broke out in the mobile home next door and caught their home on fire.
Both homes were completely destroyed, according to sources at the scene of the fire, which happened around 2 a.m. Tuesday morning.
The state fire marshal's office had been called in yesterday morning to investigate. The fire is another in a string of vacant home fires that have hit the Buffalo Creek area recently. The fires are believed to have been set.
Mary McDonald said she lost everything in the fire.
"I worked 22 years and now my whole life is gone in seconds," Mary McDonald said. "This is more than I can take."
Andrew McDonald, who plays college football for Glenville State and is currently home on summer break from school, even lost his many trophies in the fire.
Andrew McDonald and his mother did escape uninjured.
The Buffalo Creek Volunteer Fire Department responded to the blaze. The BCVFD is currently taking up collections for the McDonald family. Persons interested in donating goods or money can call the Buffalo Creek Volunteer Fire Department Ladies Auxiliary at 304-583-2306.