On Friday, August 13, the fair will kick-off with the second annual Logan’s Got Talent! Competition. Contestants will take the stage at 5:30 p.m. This contest is free to enter and cash prizes will be awarded. Different types of talent are encouraged and welcomed to participate.
Saturday morning, August 14, will be quite busy with the 9th Annual Sweet Confections Baker’s Contest at 11 a.m. at the Fieldhouse and the 3rd Annual Chief Logan 5K Run/2 Mile walk will take place at Chief Logan State Park. Registration for the walk will begin at 8 a.m. and the race will begin at 9 a.m.
Also at 2 p.m. Saturday, area residents and fair attendees can witness the first ever Morrison’s Drive Inn World Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest. Cash prizes will be awarded to the winners.
The Annual Logan County Fair Pageant will be held at 6 p.m. This year’s pageant will have the following categories:
• Wee Miss Logan County Fair, newborn–12 months
• Tiny Miss Logan County Fair, 13–23 months
• Wee Mister Logan County Fair, newborn–23 months
• Toddler Miss Logan County Fair, 2 years
• Little Princess Logan County Fair, 3–4 years
• Little Miss Logan County Fair, 5–7 years
• Petite Miss Logan County Fair, 8–10 years
• Junior Miss Logan County Fair, 11–12 years
• Teen Miss Logan County Fair, 13–15 years
• Miss Logan County Fair, 16–21 years
Open registration and rehearsal for the pageant will be held on Thursday, August 12, from 6–7:30 p.m. at the Logan Memorial Fieldhouse.
Applications for all events are available at the Logan County Chamber of Commerce’s office located at 214 Stratton Street in Logan. For more information you may call 304-752-1324 or email: email@example.com.