A 2-year-old child clad only in a diaper was found by a motorist traveling Rt. 10 at North Mitchell Heights on Saturday, November 24.
According to the criminal complaint, West Virginia State Senior Trooper T.D. Boggs observed a red Toyota Tacoma sitting in the middle of the road with the hazard lights flashing. When talking with the passenger of the vehicle, the officer found the driver had “found a small child in a diaper walking across the roadway.”
Boggs observed the toddler “to be only wearing a diaper while shivering from the cold temperatures.”
Through his investigation, Boggs located Jason S. Richards, the father of the toddler, who was asleep in his bedroom in the Frances Apartments. Richards reportedly told Boggs that “his front door was broken and he didn’t hear the child leave the apartment.”
Richards, 27, was arrested and charged with child neglect creating risk of injury. He was released on a $3,500 bond.
In other court news:
• Todd Allen Crum, 41, was arrested and charged with simple possession of marijuana and ATV on center line on November 12 by WVSP CPT David Nelson. He was released on a $1,000 bond.
• Kathy Marie Bryant, 36, was arrested and charged with obstructing an officer on November 15 by Logan Police Dept. Patrolman J.N. Sheppard. She was released on a $1,500 bond.
• Earl N.M.I Jones, 56, was arrested and charged with driving suspended/revoked non DUI 3rd offense on November 15 by Man Police Dept. Patrolman J.D. Thomas. He was released on a $1,000 bond.
• Gavin Mitchell Allsbrooks, 29, was arrested and charged with domestic assault, domestic battery and obstructing an officer on November 16 by WVSP Tpr. J.E. Garren. He is being held in Southwestern Regional Jail on a $3,000 bail.
• Earnest Lowell Grimmett, 38, was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct by Logan PD officers J. Sheppard and J.M. Miller on November 18. He was released on a $100 bond.